CASS Europe has in place a decentralized administrative structure which means that each center has responsibility for its everyday administrative activities. Within this structure there is a small central administration in Luxembourg which coordinates the administrative activities of the institution’s other centers in Europe and abroad. Moreover, the central administration has overall responsibility for the institution’s administration and financial activities. These include: general administration, registrar and student services. It also has coordination responsibility for all administrative activities of the institution that have been outsourced such as, for example, accounting and related services. Figure 1 depicts a flowchart of the administrative processes and control from the central administration with regard to student matters.
As can be seen the processes and control are divided into five distinct areas which are:
- Registration of newly admitted students in the central administration system. The registration is based on information received from the institution’s centers in Europe and abroad.
- Creation of a unique username and password enabling all registered students to access the institution’s online library anywhere, anytime.
- Preparation of admission letters for new students which are then forwarded to the institution’s centers in Europe and abroad to be distributed to the concerned students.
- Preparation of transcripts of academic records for all students who have successfully completed a program of study of the institution. The transcripts are then forwarded to the respective centers in Europe and abroad to be distributed to the concerned students.
- Preparation of degree parchments and transmission of same to the institution’s centers in Europe and abroad, some of which organize annual graduation ceremonies.
Figure 2 depicts a flowchart of the administrative processes and control from the central administration with regard to matters other than students. These are also divided into five distinct tasks as follows:
- Administrative coordination of program coordinators at all centers of the institution. This includes the following:
- General administration related to programs
- Student and related handbooks
- Processing of student queries/complaints which, for one reason or other, cannot be adequately handled at the local center level.
- Administrative coordination of faculty and support staff at the various centers. These tasks include:
- Creation of username and password for each staff allowing them to access the institution’s online library, and so on.
- Coordination of administrative responsibilities related to faculty and support staff. This includes:
- Preparation of work contracts
- Mission orders for teaching abroad
- Flight/hotel bookings in Europe and abroad
- Checking on travel expenses and processing refunds to academic and other staff members, etc.
- Administrative coordination with regard to newly recruited adjunct faculty members, including, orientation, and so on.
- Coordination of all financial matters related to tuition fees, preparation of monthly salary payments to permanent and part-time faculty members as well as support staff, purchase of materials, and so on.